- About Us
- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
The MasterMoneyTM debit card from American Bank of Commerce is a convenient way to make day-to-day purchases without the hassle of writing a check or carrying cash. When shopping with your MasterMoneyTM card, funds are deducted from your available balance immediately. Please realize you are spending money you have deposited, rather than money you are borrowing. You need to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your checking account. If you do not have sufficient funds available, you can expect to pay the applicable fees and charges. Insufficient funds may also result in your card transaction being declined.
You can use the MasterMoneyTM debit card at any merchants displaying the MasterCard® logo. You can also use your card at ATM machines for quick cash on the go. Card purchases will appear on your monthly checking account statement. The amount, date, and place where you use the card will appear on your statement, along with the checks you write and your ATM transactions. You can keep better track of your total spending with all transactions on one statement.
Instant issue card services
ABC Bank offers instant issue debit card services at the following locations when you need your card faster than traditional mailing or in the event of an emergency:
- Lubbock 50th & Memphis Banking Center at 3721 50th Street, Lubbock, TX 79413
- Lubbock 82nd & Indiana Banking Center at 8112 Indiana Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79423
- Wolfforth Banking Center at West 82nd & Brownfield Highway, Wolfforth, TX 79382
- Austin Downtown Banking Center at 610 West 5th, Austin, TX 78701
- Austin North Banking Center at 2243 W. Braker Lane, Austin, TX 78758
- Austin Ben White Banking Center at 2201 West Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
- Austin Spicewood Banking Center at 8668 Spicewood Springs Road, Austin, TX 78759
- Complete the application. It’s quick and easy to fill out. Only owners and authorized signers may have a debit card. It is the owner’s responsibility to notify us in writing to revoke an authorized signer/user. Cards may not be transferred to persons in the same organization as cards are issued to individuals not just the business.
- Your card will be mailed to you unless you picked it up at one of our instant issue card locations. You will receive your PIN two to three days after your card arrives.
- Activate your card. You may visit any ATM or POS (Point of Sale) terminal to activate your card with the PIN that you receive in the mail. Once your card is activated, you are ready to make purchases and ATM transactions.
- Record transactions. Record transactions in your checkbook register.
- Watch your account. Transactions will be memo posted to your account immediately. Actual charge may not be deducted from your ledger balance for several days.
- Review transaction activity. Review your transaction activity on your monthly checking account statement or anytime with our convenient online banking service.
lost or stolen debit card?
To report a lost or stolen ATM or debit card during normal banking hours, contact any ABC Banking Center for assistance or call us toll free at 1-888-902-2552. After ABC business hours, call toll free: 1-866-546-8273.
Mastercard secure code
What is MasterCard Secure Code?
MasterCard Secure Code is an innovative service offering secure Internet shopping through the use of a debit or credit MasterCard. MasterCard Secure Code allows the cardholder to verify certain personal information on high risk purchases to verify that the purchase is being completed by the true card owner.
How does Secure Code work?
When a purchase is made online, Secure Code determines if the transaction is High risk and needs additional customer information to proceed. In these cases, cardholders could be presented with challenge questions that have to be correctly answered before the transaction would be approved.
What are the challenge questions that may be asked during shopping?
Secure Code challenge questions may include one or all of these:
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
- Expiration Date of card
- Billing Address Zip Code
Will I still need the password that I received when I previously registered for a Secure Code?
They should not since merchants should be validating transactions with the challenge questions verses a Secure Code password.
What should I do if I know I am entering my challenge question answers correctly but I am still being declined for my purchase?
You may always contact ABC Bank to verify information such as your zip code. Your zip code has to match our core records. If for example you have moved and not notified us of your current address, this can cause an issue. Verify the last 4 digits of the social security number of the name on the card. We can also verify this information in our system.
If you have repeatedly (3 times) entered the wrong information for a challenge question, this can cause the authentication process to be locked for your protection. If you wait approximately one hour you will be allowed to try the transaction again.
If you enter the incorrect responses 3 more times the authentication process is locked and you will not be able to perform any internet purchases until the registration is unlocked for your card. You would need to contact the bank for assistance with either unlocking your registration or finding out the reason for the authentication lock.
What are other possible reasons for my transaction to not be approved?
There are only about 5% of transactions that fall within the High risk category. Most of these High risk transaction can be approved with correct challenge question answers. However, there are still approximately 1% of high risk transactions that may not be approved for various reasons listed below. If you are declined, please try and record the decline code provided by the merchant. This will help us try and research why your transaction will not go through.