smsGuardian Debit Card Alerts
Get the PEACE OF MIND that comes with Debit Card Alerts.
smsGuardian is a service that uses text messages to enable you to monitor activity occurring on your account and to respond immediately to fraudulent activity. Once you have our MasterCard™ Debit card or ATM card you can sign up to receive text message alerts as a complimentary service from American Bank of Commerce (Message and Data Rates May Apply). This program offers another layer of security that helps protect your accounts.
Ready to sign up? Click Here to enroll and review the Terms Conditions.
- American Bank of Commerce has determined what types of transactions will generate a text message:
- International Transactions
- Transactions with an authorization amount great than $300
- 6 or more transactions in 24 hours
- Transactions where the card is not present or the card number is manually keyed
- Declined Authorization
- You will receive alerts sent to your cell phone (or other SMS text messaging device) for enrolled MasterCard™ or ATM cards. The number of alerts you receive will be based on your card usage and settings determined by American Bank of Commerce. You will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
- Before alerts can be sent, you must confirm your enrollment by successfully texting your enrollment code provided by the smsGuardian website when setting up a device.
- A text message may describe how to respond in order to block your card from use. If the transaction was not performed by you please reply immediately as instructed to block the card from future use. All replies must be received within 12 hours from receipt of the message. You must contact American Bank of Commerce to have the block removed and to reorder cards.
- If a message exceeds 160 characters you may receive multiple texts to get the complete message.
- Replying to a text with the word “STOP” (without quotes) will cancel all subscriptions to that mobile device for all enrolled cards. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the smsGuardian Website. Cardholders can also discontinue alerts by texting the word STOP to 27576.
- Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian program. Cardholders will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding them of the subscription if their mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: "Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for ABCBK. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel."
- You may reply to a text with the word “HELP” to receive service information. You may also click on the "Service Usage Guide" link on the smsGuardian Website or call (888)-868-8611.