Debit Card Fraud Monitoring and Security
At American Bank of Commerce, safeguarding your account is a crucial part of our business. In our continuing effort to protect you from fraudulent activity, we are proud to offer free 24/7 debit card monitoring that will enhance account security and also provide you with peace of mind.
How it works
The debit card fraud monitoring service uses an intelligent risk management system that monitors, detects, and prevents on-going debit card fraud. The service utilizes many techniques to detect high risk transactions including:
- Reviewing your normal transaction activity and spending habits to determine abnormal activity.
- Utilizing known information about fraud that has occurred for other cardholders
- Using intelligent logic and rules to detect possible fraudulent activity within minutes of the transaction.
- If a transaction is considered out of the norm, a fraud analyst will attempt to contact you to verify the legitimacy.
- If you confirm the transaction was authorized by you, no other action is necessary
- If you indicate the transaction was not authorized, your card will be blocked to prevent further fraud from happening.
- In some cases when you can not be reached, a message will be left and your card may temporarily be blocked until you return the call.
What you can do
- If you are contacted by a fraud analyst please return their call as soon as possible.
- If you answer the analyst’s call, you will not be asked to provide personal information.
- However, if you call the fraud analyst back, you will be asked to verify your identity along with providing a case number.
- Please keep your contact information (home, work, and cell numbers) current with us so you can be easily contacted if any questionable activity is detected.
- Please advise ABC Bank about your travel plans so you have immediate access to your funds.
- Safeguard your card and protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Review your account activity on a regular basis and notify ABC Bank of any unauthorized charges immediately.
- Report lost or stolen card immediately. Click here for Information on Lost or Stolen Debit Card Reporting.