Download the App Below


Ag Lending

Thank you for choosing the Ag Department at American Bank of Commerce. Originating in West Texas, with strong roots in agricultural banking, the Ag Department at ABC Bank can help you make the most of your opportunities. Whether a fifth-generation farmer or just starting a new operation, you will receive the attention and service you deserve. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving all your financial needs.

Our goal is to handle your loan application as quickly as possible. To expedite the process you may want to review the information below that we will need to complete the loan application.

  • documents needed
    1. Financial Statement – We would like your financial statements on ABC forms or, if used, FSA Farm and Home Plans.
    2. Machinery and Equipment List – Your list should include changes if any from last year, whether added or sold, and any applicable serial numbers.
    3. Farm Worksheet – Your list should include the crops, acres, FSA Farm Number, legal description, and your ownership/rental share.
    4. Farm Operating Budget – Projection of monthly expenses for the crop year.
  • Information to be Provided by Applicant
    1. Government Payments – For us to calculate your government payments, please provide us with a CCC-509 form on each of the farm numbers you are farming.
    2. Yield information – For us to determine average yields, we will need the last 5 years of actual production history (APH) information from the FSA office or your Crop Insurance Agent’s office.
    3. If we do not have it in your file currently, we need a copy of your current tax return, and your C.P.A.’s projected tax liability for you for the crop year.
    4. A complete list of trade accounts outstanding (list of bills outstanding and still due for the crop year for fuel, fertilizer or chemicals, insurance, parts, spraying, etc.). You should have this listing on your current financial statement.
  • Requested on Loan Information Sheet

    When you complete a Loan Information Sheet, we will need:

    1. Where you plan to market your crops
    2. Current Crop Insurance – Type (crop hail and/or multi-peril) of crop insurance you plan to obtain and where you plan to get such insurance. We will need copies of the policies when you get them.

    Your spouse will need to sign the loan agreement, security agreement, and equipment list, giving security in the collateral pledged on the note/notes. Your spouse will also need to sign your financial statement presented in your loan application. Loan applications will be worked and presented to the appropriate loan committee in the order they are received. It usually takes one to two weeks for the loan presentation process. Please be patient with us during loan season. If you have questions or problems, please give us a call or come by.


Our friendly ABC West Texas Ag Lending Team is ready to help you. Contact Sam Nesbitt, Rachel Butler or contact our Wolfforth Banking Center for more information.